Sunday, January 29, 2006

Secret Pal Strikes!

I returned from a weekend of camping with the in-laws in the desert (we won't go there), to find a package for me from my secret pal. I love receiving packages. Unexpected ones are even better.

What did I find in my package? A handcrafted card and several gifts along the "winter blues" theme. I'm new to the Secret Pal stuff and I never though of a them, but I like it.

  1. Handcrafted card
  2. cute glass bubble magnets
  3. choxie peanut butter pretzel candy bar (which my kids and DH helped me devour)
  4. 3 skeins of Manos del Uruguay cotton Strias in turquoise (so soft & lovely)

Thank you so much secret pal. I love the gifts. I see from the postmark that you are from NY. I hope you are staying warm. Fortunately for me, San Diego really doesn't have a winter but I'm from the east coast so I know what a real winter is. Pics to follow soon.

I'm already planning/plotting what to make with the manos cotton. I just love softness of manos and the subtle color variations of kettle-dyed yarn. I may just have to make this. I think I'll make the Chevron tank from Rebecca #29.

I'm really lovin' this secret pal thing (who doesn't want to get spoiled). Now I need to get on the ball and mail a package to my SP.

On another note, I didn't get anything done on FLAK. I did however start the Heart Throb sweater for my daughter with the GGH Bali in pink. (Yeah, I know I'm not supposed to start a new project until I finish one and am up to date with FLAK). I figured the I needed something easy for the camping weekend. I go a few inches of it done after having to restart twice due to my mistakes (I couldn't seem to do k4, p4 across a row consistently).

I ordered the Rowan Kidsilk haze for Elfin that I plan to knit for the knitting Olympics. I chose the color majestic and I hope it will look good with the bilberry color. I ordered only 2 skeins (that's all they had). Shipping was free, we'll how long it takes to get here from England.


1 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was wondering how my friend could save a fortune on her credit cards. Now I too have the secret.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home